2017 ACCP RI Futures Grants: Mentored Research Awards
ONLINE APPLICATION DUE: June 1, 2017
The ACCP Research Institute (RI) Frontiers Fund supports clinical
pharmacy researcher development and clinical pharmacy research advancement.
Through its Futures Grants program, the RI Board of Trustees is especially
interested in supporting the development of research skills among student,
trainee, and early-career ACCP members with a goal of establishing
sustained interest and careers in clinical pharmacy research.
All students, trainees, and junior investigators who are members
of ACCP are encouraged to apply. Futures Grants may range from $5,000 - $40,000
depending on the applicant eligibility and the proposal’s requisite budget. Up to $100,000 in mentored, developmental research awards
will be granted through the Futures Grants program in 2017.
Eligibility to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the required online eligibility form before beginning to prepare a full application. The eligibility tool will guide potential applicants to either the student/resident or junior investigator application. Applicants ineligible for the awards will also be appropriately advised.
Junior Investigator Research Awards
Preference will be given to individuals who have not been awarded significant peer-reviewed extramural funding as the principal investigator, but whose prior experience, career plans, and current professional environment indicate that they have the potential to become successful independent investigators.
Junior Investigators are ACCP members who:
Student & Resident Research Awards
- at the time of the application due date (June 1, 2017) are less than 6 years since their first academic/professional appointment (i.e., < 6 years since date of first employment after earning a pharmacy degree), or
- at the time of the award funding (September 15, 2017) are in a fellowship training program.
Preference will be given to individuals whose prior experience, career plans, and letters of support indicate an aptitude for research, interest in formalized research training, and a career path with a significant research component.
Student and resident investigators are ACCP members who at the time of the award funding (September 15, 2017) are in a:
- Pharm.D. or dual Pharm.D./Graduate degree program, or
- Graduate degree program entered immediately post-Pharm.D. (graduate degree students are not eligible for a student award if they have completed residency or fellowship training, or have held an academic/professional appointment prior to returning to graduate school), or
- professional pharmacy degree program outside the U.S., or
- pharmacy residency training program.
2017 Futures Grants Application Instructions
2017 Futures Grants Online Application (including eligibility tool)
2017 Futures Grants Announcement Card - to print and share