2018 ACCP RI Futures Grants: Mentored Research Awards
ONLINE APPLICATIONS OPEN : February 1, 2018
The ACCP Research Institute (RI) Frontiers Fund supports clinical
pharmacy researcher development and clinical pharmacy research advancement.
Through its Futures Grants program, the RI Board of Trustees is especially
interested in supporting the development of research skills among student,
trainee, and early-career ACCP members with a goal of establishing
sustained interest and careers in clinical pharmacy research.
All students, trainees, and junior investigators who are members
of ACCP are encouraged to apply. Futures Grants may range from $5,000 - $40,000
depending on the applicant eligibility and the proposal’s requisite budget. Up to $100,000 in mentored, developmental research awards
will be granted through the Futures Grants program in 2018.
Junior Investigator Research Awards
Preference will be given to individuals who have not been awarded significant peer-reviewed extramural funding as the principal investigator, but whose prior experience, career plans, and current professional environment indicate that they have the potential to become successful independent investigators.
Junior Investigators are ACCP members who:
Student & Resident Research Awards
- at the time of the application due date (June 1, 2018) are in a full-time professional appointment and less than 6 years since completion of education and training, or
- at the time of the award funding (September 15, 2018) are in a fellowship training program.
Preference will be given to individuals whose prior experience, career plans, and letters of support indicate an aptitude for research, interest in formalized research training, and a career path with a significant research component.
Student and resident investigators are ACCP members who at the time of the award funding (September 15, 2018) are in a:
2018 Junior Investigator App Instructions
2018 Student Resident App Instructions
- Pharm.D. or dual Pharm.D./Graduate degree program, or
- graduate degree program entered immediately post-Pharm.D. (graduate degree students are not eligible for a student award if they have completed fellowship training, or have held an academic/professional appointment prior to returning to graduate school), or
- attended professional pharmacy degree program outside the U.S., or
- currently in a pharmacy residency training program.
2018 Futures Grants Online Application (including eligibility tool)